Thanks To You, Cornerstones' 50th Anniversary is a Success!
50th Anniversary Celebration Chairs
Setting the Stage for Cornerstones' Next 50 Years
On September 30, 2021, Cornerstones hosted community-wide celebrations to mark its 50th Anniversary of service in Northern Virginia. It was a wonderful day of reconnection with and recognition of the many diverse leaders and partners who have helped shape our work over the last 50 years. During our live broadcast from Wolf Trap, we were honored to welcome guest speakers who generously shared how Cornerstones has such a meaningful impact on their lives and our community. Their special presentations were a powerful reminder about the value and reward of working together to champion our community’s strengths and ensure that “we all experience the dignity of having a place to call home.”
A very special thank you to our Celebration Fundraising Chairs and Committee members and the many generous Anniversary Sponsors who helped us raise more than $1.1 million to support Cornerstones programs and services.
Missed the event? Check out videos below from our speakers and hear directly from those who Cornerstones has impacted over the years. Be sure to click through to watch them all!
There is still time to make a gift and invest in Cornerstones’ 50 years of service to our community. Click the button below to support our past 50 years and many years ahead.
For more information, please contact the Cornerstones Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to our 50th Anniversary Celebration Fundraising Committee Members for their extraordinary support with this year’s event.
The following is a list of committee members as of May 2021
- Doug Bushée, Gartner
- Karen Cleveland, Leadership Fairfax
- Mike Cooley, Kajeet
- Jeff Detwiler, Long and Foster
- Col. Helmut Frietzsche, German Armed Forces Command
- Leila Gordon, Reston Community Center
- Roberta L. Gosling, Creative Strategies
- Robert Goudie
- Dee (Deepak) Kakar, M&T Bank
- Charles Kapur, Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Craig B. Kendall, Financial Investments, Inc.
- Joe Koszarek, Deloitte
- Sara Leonard
- Chris Oliver, ID Technologies
- Don Owens and Chris Griffin, Griffin Owens Insurance
- Maggie Parker, Partnership Reston, Inc.
- Joe Ritchey, Transwestern
- Lawrence W. Schwartz, Commonwealth Advisory, LLC, Chair, Cornerstones Board of Directors, and Lisa J. Carter Schwartz
- Bob Van Hoecke
- Danny Vargas, VARCom Solutions, LLC
- Kerrie & Rick Wilson
Thank you to our 50th Anniversary Celebration Sponsors!
Funds raised through the 50th Anniversary Celebration help us continue to provide our safety-net services and programs and support the next phase of our critical work in Northern Virginia. We are grateful to the following individuals and companies for their generous sponsorship of Cornerstones’ 50th Anniversary Celebration. Please consider joining them.