These extraordinary volunteers donate their time, talents and gifts:
- Beloved Yoga and Love Your Body Day for raising local awareness about homelessness during their event, and for their donation to Cornerstones.
- Floris United Methodist Church for a night of bingo and snacks to entertain Embry Rucker Community Shelter clients.
- St John Neumann Knights of Columbus for providing a beautiful space for our Supportive Housing families to come and celebrate the end of the school year and the families’ accomplishments over the course of this past year.
- Leidos donated 50 Celebrate Fairfax passes to Laurel Learning Center parents. Weather was perfect for this annual event and Leidos’ gift made this affordable for families to enjoy.
- UPS Drivers who came out and helped all of our Community Center sites distribute fliers to over 750 units with information about summer programs.
- Kathleen Wind for providing work boots and shoes for Embry Rucker Community Shelter clients.
For Landscaping (and so much more!) at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter, Laurel Learning Center (LLC) and Client Townhomes:
- AOL Volunteers who came to landscape at the Shelter and took the kids from LLC on a field trip as part of their Annual Monster Help Day.
- Capital One summer interns with their Commercial Banking Department came from all over the country for training and also found time to come and landscape 4 of our townhomes.
- Fannie Mae volunteers came out as part of 7 Days to SERVE and landscaped at the Shelter, lead games and provided a picnic, and took the LLC Preschool students on a field trip.
- Long & Foster Wiehle and North Hills Offices who came out and spruced up the landscaping at 4 different townhomes.
For supporting the Cornerstones’ moms and children clients:
- Floris MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) for providing funding and childcare so that we could treat our shelter moms to a lovely dinner out
- Kathy Brennan and her network of wonderful Wee Play moms for donations to benefit our moms and children
- Level(3) Volunteers came to Cedar Ridge and worked with the kids during their after school program.
For collecting food for our pantry, providing catering and bagged lunches for our clients and so much more:
- L-3 Communications
- Ms. Reem Azzam and the students of Al Fatih Academy
- Amphora Diner Deluxe
- BB&T Insurance
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Employees from Deloitte
- Ladies of the Herndon Fortnightly Club
- Anne Cho and the Hyang Na Mu Women’s Saturday Bible Study Group from Korean Central Presbyterian Church. We will miss you!
- Reston Ward of the Latter Day Saints
- Reston Postal Employees as part of Stamp Out Hunger, and the Volunteers who helped collect, move, sort and store approximately 11,000 pounds of food that was donated.
- Northern Virginia Primitive Baptist Church
- Sara Aguila and the employees of Ross Management at Colvin Woods Apartments
- The Stearns Family