Our Heartfelt Thanks!
These extraordinary volunteers give their gifts of time, talent and donations:
- CEBEYOND took the Zebra class from Laurel Learning Center to the Pumpkin Patch at Cox Farm.
- Chipotle – Reston Town Center for sponsoring a dinner hour fundraiser at their restaurant and donating 50 percent of the proceeds to Cornerstones.
- Renee Tietjen and members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints of Great Falls and Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church for teaming up to provide a cookout and games day for our clients—even when faced with less than cooperative weather!
- The Container Store for selecting Cornerstones as the beneficiary of its Grand Opening Weekend! Cornerstones was honored to receive 10 percent of the Grand Opening Weekend sales! Be sure to visit the new store at 1851 Fountain Drive and Reston Parkway.
- Flint Hill School 7th graders who came and helped organize our Food Pantry’s storage unit.
- Shary Lewis and the team from Lilly USA for serving lunch at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter and providing a gift card donation.
- Golfers scored a big contribution for Cornerstones at the NII Holdings Charity Golf Outing held at Belmont Country Club in September. Steven Schlindler, CEO, presented Kerrie Wilson with a generous check at the end of a fun day of golf. Thank you to all the sponsors for their support!
- Robert E. Simon Jr. Children’s Center for hosting a food drive on World Food Day.
- Individual members of the St. John Neumann Knights of Columbus for providing 12 under-bed storage lockers for securing client belongings at the shelter.
- Source Global Enterprises for joining The Container Store with a donation as part of the Grand Opening Weekend.
- The Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, Delegate Tom Rust and Supervisor John Foust for providing tickets for our clients to attend performances at Wolf Trap this summer.