Nomination deadline is Monday, January 9th; 5:00 pm.
Selection Criteria: Awardees will be selected for working selflessly without consideration of recognition to improve the greater Reston/Dulles Corridor region served by the sponsoring organizations. While the awardee is not required to reside or be headquartered in this area, the awardee’s contributions must demonstrate significant local benefit in the greater Reston/Dulles Corridor region.
Nomination Instructions: We’ve simplified the nomination process for 2017! Please select the appropriate award category to submit an online nomination:
- Individual and/or Family
- Civic/Community Group or Nonprofit Organization
- Employee-Owned Company or Small Business
- Corporate/Large Business
- Special Award: Vade Bolton-Ann Rodriquez Legacy Award—Entrusting Our Community’s Future
To download the nomination form, click here.
The following are not eligible for a Cornerstones of Our Community: 2017 Best of Reston award:
– Elected officials holding federal, state, or county office
– Individual schools or congregations (individuals/groups working within institutions may be considered
– Posthumous nominations
– Current employees of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce or Cornerstones
Award Selection Process:
– Completed nomination forms are due Monday, January 9th, by 5:00 p.m. to allow Selection Committee review.
– Applicants may nominate themselves or their own businesses or organizations.
Any questions about the nomination or selection process or nominee categories may be directed to Likitta Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 323-9570.