A sold-out crowd of more than 600 guests attended the 33rd Annual Capitol Steps Benefit Performance for a great night of laughter and fun, all for an important cause. Photos are available here.
Just a few blocks away from the event, 70 men, women and children are staying at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter because they have no permanent home. The event raised an amazing $230,500 that will enable Cornerstones to meet critical needs of those in the shelter and as they progress toward affordable housing.
Nationally known, the Capitol Steps performances are entertaining political satires filled with song parodies and skits impersonating a wide variety of figures. The performance is not only hilariously entertaining, but provides critical support for Cornerstones’ social service programs.
Media: Capitol Steps Benefit Raises $230,500 for Cornerstones; Reston Now, February 1, 2016
- St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
- Robert & Lisa Van Hoecke
- Ferrari & Maserati of Washington
- Liz Gavin Pao and Terry Pao
- Bonnie and Bob Haukness
- Boofie and Joe O’Gorman
- CORE Foundation
- Fidelity Investments
- Merrill Lynch
- Xenith Bank
- Ken and Jane Plum
- Access National Bank
- Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, L.L.C.
- CODA Construction
- Christine Broyhill / Wells Fargo
- DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
- Eileen DuBose
- The Eyewear Gallery at Reston Town Center
- EmployeeMax Payroll & HR Services
- Janet and Jerry Kohlenberger
- Lynn and Phil Lilienthal
- Pediatric Dentistry of Reston
- Pullin Electric Inc.
- RP Slater Financial Management, LLC
- Surrounds Landscaping
- Mary E. Szpanka, CPA