Our Heartfelt Thanks
– All of the donors who brought in more than 2,000 back packs as part of our Back to School Drive, which benefited the schools in Reston and Herndon.
– Employees of Booz Allen Hamilton for hosting a luncheon and bingo party for the clients at the shelter.
– Kathy Brennan for teaching a parenting class series at the shelter and coordinating a fun family field trip to Sport Bounce for those who participated.
– Ms. Pat Camp for service above and beyond the call of duty, providing respite childcare for a family in need at the shelter.
– Ann Cho and family for catering a meal for the Embry Rucker Community Shelter.
– Good Beginnings Pre-School Summer Campers for donating proceeds from their carwash, ice cream and lemonade sales to help less fortunate children in Cornerstones programs.
– Good Shepherd Lutheran Church for hosting the Healthy Families Fairfax Summer Picnic and providing food and volunteers.
– His Hidden Treasures and Junk B Gone—Lois and Troy Hughes for all their help furnishing homes for families and responding to a last minute call for help to move a client’s belongings to storage.
– St. John Neumann Knights of Columbus for the wonderful BBQ picnic at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter.
– Zora Costich and employees from Cooley Law Firm for hosting a kids’ painting party for the families at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter.
– Cody and Title Boxing for the generous support and donation of space and equipment.
– Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax for sending Heidi Tubbs to serve as a Development/Back to School Drive Intern.
– The Virginia Spine Institute and its employees for catering a meal at the Embry Rucker Community Shelter.