Cornerstones and our partner, Kids R First, are already preparing to help equip nearly 3,500 K-12 children in the Reston-Herndon area (Cornerstones’ clients, as well as other local students in need) with brand-new backpacks for the next academic year.
It takes a few simple steps for you and/or your organization to help us make the 2017 Back-to-School Drive a success:
1) Register here to pledge the number of backpacks you plan to donate.
2) Purchase new backpacks (no wheels or corporate logos, please):
- High School Size 20″ H × 14″ W × 7″ D (the age where our need is greatest)
- Junior High Size 18″ H × 13″ W × 6″ D
- Elementary Age Size 16″ H × 12″ W × 5″ D
3) Deliver the backpacks on August 7th – 11th (Monday – Friday); 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to Cornerstones Administrative Office at: 11150 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 210, Reston, Va.
In addition to backpacks, our case managers are requesting donations of new underwear for elementary school age children again this year. We also welcome Payless gift card donations ($25) so our young clients can get a new pair of shoes.
Questions about our Back-to-School Drive? Contact us at 571-323-9569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.